4/29/12

Beer of the Week: Eagle Rock Brewery's Manifesto

This week we are reviewing a beer from the Eagle Rock Brewery. For people living in the Eagle Rock/Highland Park area, this brewery should become a frequented spot. As an Occidental College student, I'm always surprised to not see more students hanging out here. The staff is friendly and they have this whole communism theme going on. I don't have a particular affinity towards communism, but this and Mao's Kitchen in Venice has convinced me it can be a good theme for an eating/drinking establishment.


 Anyways, local business is obviously gr8, but can it stand up to the big craft brewers? 

This beer, the Manifesto, as described by its brewers:  "A Belgian-style ‘wit-bier’ or white ale has a light wheat base and is typically spiced with coriander and citrus peel. For a unique twist, we’ve added rose petals as well." 

Appearance 

Dan: Very golden appearance.
Noah: It looks like apple cider.
Ben: Brown

Smell

Noah: smells really weird. A distinct odor, but I can't put my finger on it.
Ben: like beer 
Dan: I'm somewhere in the middle of these two^.

Taste
Ben: I don't like it.
Dan: Not as strong as the Sierra Nevada we reviewed two weeks ago, but it is quite refreshing.
Noah: Unoffensive, good.

Overall
Dan: Probably my favorite of the Brewery, I keep getting this when I go. It can be hit or miss sometimes. Sometimes it is quite flavorful, other times...
Ben: Bitter
Noah: Ch1ll times.

Krunkability
5%/$12.00=

0.416666667krunkfactor

 

^This is a picture of inside the brewery! Wow, looks like a cool hip and happening spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment