2/7/12

WORM FARM

I'm making a worm farm.
It's going to look like this:


But my worm farm is going to be in this weird empty drawer that someone left in the backyard. Previously, it was filled with tons of weeds, but I cleared those this weekend. Hooray for reusing things! The FOOD JUSTICE garden is lacking in worms, so instead of going to the store and buying worms, we might as well farm our own. Worms are good. They are great when you're trying to compost things more quickly. They eat dirt and stuff and then, when they poop it out, it's magically super nutritious and good for plants. I don't know why, and it seems kind of gross, but whatever.
As I'm doing this project, I'm going to try to take pictures and make a little DIY blog, so get pumped to make your own awesome worm farm at home. Huzzah!



No comments:

Post a Comment