2/4/12

DONUT JUSTICE a la Maison

Inspired by Ben "The Best"'s winter break post about that amazing donut shop in St. Paul we decided to initiate DONUT JUSTICE as a new aspect of our overall FOOD JUSTICE undertakings.  In layman's terms that mean that yester-morning we fried some dough on our stove and made four dozen chocolate glazed donut holes.
This little recipe was from the acclaimed Smitten Kitchen. My 'do' had some problems congealing so I had to pour in some extra milk to gather up the rest of the flour like 'do' into a nice malleable ball.  Also, because we are not really set up for deep frying here I had to do each hole individually which means it took a while, but it was worth it as that also gave me time to lovingly place a single chocolate chip in each hole.  I suggest trying this recipe but head caution and taste the first couple that you fry to be sure they aren't over or under cooked.  Dip them in milk too if you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment