2/5/12

Beer of the Week #3 / Lana del Rey SNL

Dead Guy Ale from Rogue

Any food justice element we should be made aware of? Rogue brewery grows their own hops. Locally grown is justice! 

Today we are participating in Noah's favorite time of the week. He might not have showered, his team may or may not have lost, and his jersey is gross, but Noah still loves his malt liquor. Today's brewski has a skeleton on it, but despite the fierce appearance, I bet we can find a cuddly little feller in this beer here that yearns for some love!

Appearance:
Ben: Not quite to my satisfaction. Looks like someone's pee before they are about to die from dehydration.
Noah: It's the darkest we have reviewed, I can't even see through the glass.
Dan: Sort of a light amber, like where the mosquito was trapped in Jurassic park.

Smell:
Noah: Smells like beer everytime.
Dan: I can't smell anything.
Ben: I can't smell anything in this glass, but more of a white grape juice smell than usual.

Taste:
Dan: Full bodied, sort of copperish. Not bitter.  Well balanced, like nastya lukin (winky face).
Ben: Quite nice, sweet, creamy, like a sugarless Sasperella (sp?). A slight bite at the end.
Noah: Appealing, distinct aftertaste, but I can't put my finger on it.

Overall:

Ben: One of the more enjoyable of the beers I've tasted. But I still wouldn't drink it.
Dan: Well balanced, not that exciting though.
Noah: Worth the two coins you put on the dead guys eyes (???)

krunkability

6.50 avb/$11.00 = .509090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909....

^wow this is lower than Natty, shame.

*Lana del Rey



No comments:

Post a Comment