9/3/12

Beer of the Week; PARTY WAAAAVVVVEEEEE EDITION


Welcome to Beer of the Week. This week we will be reviewing Hitachino Nest Real Ginger Brew, made by Kiuchi Brewery. This beer is brewed in Japan using raw ginger during the fermentation process, how weird! Lot of reviewers in the line up this week, hope no one gets snaked!!!

Disclaimer: this is an actual beer. If you are interested in what I suppose should be called ginger wine I found this online recipe.

Appearance

Dan: Caramel
Noah: Red stained mahogany
Gabe: Red mahogany
Clarissa: Weirdly dark mahogany colored cider

Leah: Beer
Julia: I CANNOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS
Ben: Like that tape bugs get stuck to
 
Smell

Dan: Miso soup
Noah: Ginger (how original Noah*)
Gabe: d00d sweet nectar of Christ

Clarissa: Like beer
Leah: Gingery beer
Julia: Gingery nail Polish remover
Ben: Ginger sukiyaki sauce
 
Taste

Dan: Light, gingery, syrupy? Rounded, but maybe lacking something to grab my attention.
Noah: Sweetest beer I've ever tasted. Quite smooth though.
Gabe: It is more like beer with ginger than ginger beer.
Clarissa: Tastes nothing like ginger!
Leah: Drain pour
Julia: Honeyish, but also leaves a cigarette flavor in the back of my mouth.
Ben: Tastes like beer foam with a ginger cough drop.
 
Overall

Dan: I like this beer, it is quite unique. Due to the cost I'm not sure I will ever seek it out.
Noah: Too sweet too expensive.
Gabe: Interesting, but not necessarily good.
Clarissa: Biggest disappointment of my life.
Leah: No comment at first, then just sort of copies Clarissa.
Julia: I LOVE IT!
Ben: I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE VOICE IM GOING TO BUY THIS FOR EVERY EPISODE.
 
 Due to the incredible high cost of this beer this is our lowest krunability ever :P
$42/8 = 5.25 krunkability 

"I hate Beer of the Week!"
*editors note (usually to be said sarcastically) 

#toddakin #mittromney4thewin #ginger #sean sasaki

No comments:

Post a Comment