7/1/12

Beer of the Week: ≅Baltika 6

≅Baltika

Beer of the Week returns for the first time this summer. Gabriel Mathews, notorious LA bear,  recommended the European giant Baltika. Apparently this was the only beer the prison guards would let him smuggle into Kresty. Baltika No. 6 is their porter, I think Gabe only got this on holidays.





     
I'm not sure who this sultry blonde beach babe is, but she seems to really like Baltika. I found her all over the 'tenets when I searched 'Baltika'. Gabe prides himself in his 'indy'pendent taste and I can't imagine he would have been persuaded by the beach bronzed 'hips' found in this 'ter'rible advertizing, but people change after they go abroad. Who knows? Maybe this is what Gabe is into these days...  :(

Anyways, lets get on with the review. This week we have five reviewers, a new record!

Appearance

Dan: Like a rich mahogany.
Larkin: Looks like diet coke.
Noah: Like Noodleboys' coffee
Gylfie M: Black like the nite. 
Ben: Quite brown 

Smell*

Dan: I'm sick, but I suppose it smells like fruit.
 Larkin: I can't smell ever.
 Noah: My glass is tainted, it was not washed well enough. It smells awful.
 Ben: Like soda, but beer.
 Gylfie M: (He makes a cough noise, then laughs) Peachy (followed by more guttural sounds)

Taste

Dan: A fruity nose, followed by a complex aftertaste accentuated by rose buds.
Larkin: Diet coke, plus coffee, minus  the bitterness.
Noah: Burning, but a pleasurable burn. 
Gylfie M: Fruity and pleasurable
Ben: A typical porter taste with an acrid Russian kick.
       Noah and Gylfie: Whaaa its not like a porter at all. (in response to Ben)

Overall 

Dan: I like this.
Larkin: I like it, it's not very bitter
Noah: I don't support commies, especially not on the 4th of July.
Gylfie M: They aren't communist anymore. I would appreciate more bitterness in this beer.
        Noah: Gabe do you know anything about history the Ruskies are coming back!
Ben: Tastes like one of those Starbucks frappuccinos, but less good so I just want one of those.
La hermosa chica de Del Playa
Krunkability: is there any point?   :(

*Today Larkin revolutionized how we smell beer. Apparently smelling must be done with an open mouth. Its seems more like we are supposed to breath in the vapors, how strange!

1 comment:

  1. You guys should make my fave, strawberry agua fresca

    3 cups sliced strawberries
    3/4 cup sugar
    6 cups water

    In a large bowl, mix the strawberries, sugar, and water. Put in the fridge and let it sit for about 4 hours to allow the juice of the strawberries to fully diffuse into the water. After put the mixture in the blender and blend it thoroughly. Pour the mixture through a strainer and then serve cold..
    The delicious/ refreshing taste of summer!!

    ReplyDelete